Friday, March 19, 2010

we're gonna have a baby!

Yep, you read correctly! I'm pregnant! It all seems a little surreal and dreamy...and so exciting! I am currently 10 weeks along (11 weeks on Tuesday, yay!).












This is baby at 8 weeks!

I will never forget February 2, 2010. I was only a couple of days past my cycle...but I decided to go ahead a take a test. Over the previous couple of weeks I had convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant....so when I took that little test and saw the two pink lines I almost fainted. I kid you not...I literally almost passed out. Previously, I had it all planned out how I wanted to tell Rushing that he was going to be a daddy. I was going to buy a sweet little gift and card and on and on. Well. In the shock of the moment I called him. Yes, that's right. I called him 5 mins before his staff meeting. Nice wife, right? :) I'm sure that's what he thought. He was excited too and handled all my surprised and happy tears very well. He's good like that. :)

I had also planned on how I wanted to tell our parents...but alas, we ended up telling them over the phone as well! Everyone was thrilled and surprised and all the other happy feelings you can think of! Rushing's side of the family will be getting two new babies within a month of each other! Caleb's (Rushing's brother) wife, Morgan is also pregnant! I also have 2 cousins who are pregnant and a couple of friends! It's in the water ladies, watch out! :)

On March 3rd we had our first doctor's appointment. I thought my life changed when I saw the two pink lines...but that was nothing compared to the joy I felt when I heard my baby's heartbeat and saw his/her little gummy bear body on the screen. I can not even explain the love I have for this little tiny baby already. I cried and cried...and I'm sure I will cry some more. I'm amazed every day at how big God is and how he has molded our bodies so perfectly to have children...it's unreal. I'm just in awe of who He is.

So far this has been a pretty good pregnancy. I have definitely had my 'all day sickness'. I'm not sure why people call it morning sickness. That's a lie. :) Every day has been different and I never know when it'll hit...so I just take one day at a time and thank God for His little blessing. I know that all the sickness and nausea will be worth it in about 6 1/2 months...

Rushing has been so good to me. He has put up with my getting sick throughout the day, my moodiness/crankiness, my paranoia about every little thing, my talking baby names constantly, and my craving Olive Garden salad and waiting for 45 mins on a Saturday night at 8:30 just so I could have some. I'm so blessed.

My next appointment is on April 16th and I can't wait!!! Please keep us and baby in your prayers!

In other news, I started working at our church Child Care Center. For the past 4 or 5 weeks I have been a floater...but starting Monday I will be the teacher for the older 2s class! I'm really excited and am praising God for this more full time position!


No comments:

Post a Comment