Sunday, August 29, 2010

6 weeks left...


I can not believe we only have 6 weeks (give or take a few days) left until we meet our precious baby boy!!! There are still some days when I am in shock that it's actually going to happen. I really am going to give birth and become a mommy! It's such a great feeling. I just keep praying that I will be the mom God wants me to be, to raise Elijah to love and serve Him. Please be praying for our new little one and for his parents. Pray that we will always remember to put Him first and to teach Elijah not only through our words, but through our actions and attitudes.
We had a baby shower last weekend. It was our youth and youth workers shower, we were blessed immensely! It was a great shower, with TONS of people, great cake and lots of fun! Rushing and I were thankful that our teenagers had the opportunity to celebrate our little one with us! We are also thankful that we have a slew of teenage girls to pick from once I am ready to turn Elijah over to a babysitter. :)

I just got the crib bedding last night and of course I had to put it all together! I LOVE it and I can not wait until we have a little baby boy to put in there! I also made a 'to do before Elijah arrives' list a few days ago....whew. Being a homeowner is intense, you have to do all the 'fix-its' yourself! Pray we can get some of those projects done in the next month!!

I have another sonogram in two weeks...we will see how big he is and if he has (hopefully!) turned head-down!

I guess that's all I have to say for now...just a lot of randomness!

No comments:

Post a Comment